Today’s message from BAST is to look and feel what you have been avoiding .
BAST is my personal favorite Goddess and symbol, who is also known as the Egyptian Cat Goddess. Bast is often depicted with the head of the cat; she considers the cat as sacred and to harm one is considered a sin. Like the cat, Bast and I are fiercely independent, yet we need affection and playful companions. If you ever see me at home with my two cats, you would know how much I am connected to these feline animals with whom I share my life with each day. Surely any cat living with me will be adored and spoiled.
What’s behind the curtain?
If you are like me you want to avoid having certain feelings and will resist seeing beyond the veils of your life at what is really happening in certain areas. For example: I went to visit my daughter last weekend and found out that she had started smoking cigarettes again. My first reaction was one of disappointment, then fear for her health, and then shame as her mother. It brought up all of the failures that I have held on to as her mother. Additionally, it burst my bubble of having the perfect relationship with my daughter that I have made up in my mind. I don’t have any room for her to have an addiction…..much less for her to not to be able to tell me about it.
As much as I hated this experience, something powerful was activated when I had this awakening and looked at what was behind my veil of illusion.
Once I had this activation around my daughter, other veils of illusion started to fall. Different realities of my life have been playing in front of me like big screen cinema. Most of the realities played at night, waking me up at 2, 3 and 4 am every morning to see what it was that I was avoiding.
One of the the illusions that disappeared was about me being responsible for everything and everyone around me — ahhhhh! This illusion was burst and I instantly felt better. Another illusion that dropped was that I had to fix my daughter’s issues — yes, this one was a relief too. What came to me around this is that I had co-created at a soul level with the people in my life. My daughter and I agreed that I would be her mother — with all of my foibles, she picked me because I was the kind of mother who would help her develop her soul’s path. Confronting her addiction to cigarettes will be her journey and I was never contracted to help her overcome this issue. Neither was I invited to judge her choices or her path.
What is in my soul’s agreement is to look at what I don’t want to look at and to gain the wisdom that is there for me. In other words, get the wisdom and move forward with my own personal mission.
BAST and I are still the independent renegades but our companions are extremely important to us. By looking at the unlookable, gaining the wisdom of seeing behind the veils of illusion, then I am more on my own path rather than attempting to fix other people’s lives — which I know NEVER works!
BAST has helped me to remember that……
1. I co-create with my loved ones on a soul level AND it is not for me to say what is best for their soul.
2. I was not born into this life to fix other people’s issues; in fact me saying they have an issue is my judgment.
3. When I feel out of tune with my own source connection, take 2-3 days away from regular daily life to see what is really going on, remembering my own soul’s purpose.
4. Take things slowly; much slower than my internal system wants to go is allowing the time for all of the molecules to collect until it turns into something. I have to let the wisdom do it’s work and it will show me what is next.
5. All is going to come out fine — don’t attempt to push it along or it will produce trouble. Going slow gets me into the right understanding.
6. There is nothing to fear but fear itself. Nothing behind the illusion was worse than what I imagined.
What are your veils of illusion? Would you like to see behind the curtain? What might be possible if we all
let the illusions drop and allow the feelings to be felt inside of our body, soul and mind.
Love to hear your comments! Happy to reply if you have a question.